Thursday, June 23, 2011

Starting here.

I thought about starting at the beginning of the year, seeing as I haven't blogged since then, but I'm not going to. If I get around to catching up later, so be it, but at least I can start here, and not miss any memories I always swear I'll never forget...and then do.
I wanted to make sure I wrote some stuff down before my brain gets too full tomorrow and I can't remember it again!
KAYLIE just turned 5. She is so big, and the BEST big sister. I really rely on her a ton! In some ways, she has made baby #3 easier than baby #2, because I trust her to not let anything happen to my sweet Emma while I shower, run on the treadmill, etc. The other day I asked her to grab something as we walked out the door, and she was so frustrated... "Really mom, do I have to do everything today? I already held Emma while you showered, and got you a burp cloth, (and a few other things I already can't remember), ..." She really is a good sport about it, and even if she complains as she does it, she will always help me out!
She just started Kindergarten! There is no way! She also just lost her 2nd tooth! HOLY COW! My baby is so grown up. I swear she cannot be that old, and I really am bummed that she apparently got my teeth genetics... Not good, I grew up always having to get cavities filled, and she has already had one of those too! But, lucky for her, I now know how to take care of teeth a little bit better than I did growing up!
She is already growing out of polly pocket world. She has now entered the media world, and it's all I can do to get her off the computer, my phone, or the t.v. But luckily, she loves reading too. She's still just beginning, but is getting the "sight words" down.
JOSH just turned 3! Once again, seriously??!? I still call him my baby, even though I really do have a newborn now. I can't help it, there is just something about my lil J man that will always be so tender and sweet like a little newborn to me. His new things are: saying ok to everything, but then not really knowing what it means. Ending lots of words with the e sound, like milky for instance. And he now rubs my arms and back. So sweet. Just like we do to him. It's heart melting.
He is wild. I really can't go anywhere by myself anymore without risking his life. Really. The last 3 parks I went to he ran into the road while I was nursing. He ran out of the Carters store in Sugarhouse (by the gully, rushing water, 2 parking lots, etc.) Yes. I can't go anywhere anymore without help. Makes life a little different(/frustrating), we'll stick with different.
He is funny! He fakes asleep! He pretends to be asleep and even fake snores. Sometimes, he'll fall asleep while faking asleep. I got it on video, actually, I got him "sleep walking" on video...fake snoring while walking from the living room to his bed. Hilarious! His cousin John now copies him, after seeing Josh do it as his house while Aunt Marilee was trying to put them both down for naps. Ever since, John fake snores and says "that's what Joshy does."
He loves to play with anything Mickey or Thomas (trains), and loves his new toy Handy Manny with his fix it truck and tools.
EMMA is in a word: angelic. She is by far my best baby, and that is saying a lot, because the other two weren't bad at all! She is so calm, and soooo patient. She has to wait around, a lot...She hangs out and falls asleep in the baby bjorn all the time. She is a great eater, and is growing faster than the other two did. She also takes a binkie!!!! Hallelujah! Once again, different than the other two. It has helped so much in so many ways. She has the sweetest smile, and that, is actually, just like the other two~!