Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thoughts on Running

So, I finally got an IPod, yeah, I know, finally. And actually, I got it for Christmas, and just finally put music on it like 2 or 3 days ago. My question is, does anyone else sing along with the songs while running, or working out? And I don't mean when you're outside, I mean like at the gym, do you find yourself mouthing the lyrics, like me. Or should I seriously try to control myself? Does that make me a weirdo?
But seriously, I am lovin it, I am such a music fanatic, and I have always run without music, it's been my time to think, but it is so much more fun with music, especially when I hear some of my favorite songs...they make me run faster!
And I have been running a lot lately, trying to train for the half marathon. Yep. Never done one of those before, but here goes nothin! (And I'm also wondering if anyone has a spot on their team for the Wasatch Back...I would love to do it...)

8 comments:

Jake and Heidi said...

your amazing! I was thinking about doing the same (half marathon) but I have to get myself into better shape first! and yes I do sing with my ipod! lol I do it when I work and it kind of drives my husband crazy!

your awesome!

colin and jana said...

I never thought about an ipod before either, but then Colin got me one about a year ago and I won't workout without it! It really pumps you up! I am obsessed with mine.

Sarah said...

I must admit I have caught myself humming outloud at the gym while listening to some of my favorite songs on my iPod. It's addicting. :)

Good luck on the half-marathon!

The Summerhays Crew said...

Look at you getting all running crazy! Good luck on the half marathon, One day I would love to do that, and the Wasatch back..how fun! By the way, I love singing along to my ipod. I even try and make up dances while running on the treadmill, ha!

Molly said...

i need your emil address for a potential playgroup.. you in?
mollycjones@gmail.com

Jessica Jackson said...

I'm glad you like running with your ipod, for some reason I've never been able to run with one. And I hope you can find a team for the Wasatch Back Relay! That's the funnest race ever! You might try talking to Eliza, I know she's doing it (but their team might be full, I don't know).

Emily said...

Which half marathon are you training for? And yes, I sing along to my ipod too!

Brookie C. said...

Tiff you are so funny, I can see you at the gym singin along! haha My running partner sings all the time, we both have our ipods in one ear haha!