Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I heart: Valentines Day, Grandma Simmons, and Tender Moments...

So, once again, marathon post for me. The problem is, I hate uploading pictures. It is such a pain, and Kaylie always tries to push buttons while I do it, unless I do it late at night, and then I decide I'm too tired, and I'll do it tomorrow...so the saga continues. But tonight was a good night, Kaylie was beat, and is sound asleep, at a decent time, so I'm not too tired...yet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VALENTINES DAY
was an absolute blast!!! James got home early from Scout Camp, and we had a fun day just being together, (he's gone a lot, so it's like a vacation just to have him home!), and he got me some BEAUTIFUL roses...I LOVE PINK ROSES, and these are the PERFECT PINK!!! And he also got me my favorite chocolates, Rum Victorias from Cummings...they are to die for! He seriously surprised me, and it was super romantic... Then we headed out for some rockin fondue with the Steadmans. It's now become a tradition. And it's so fun to watch the kiddos (slate for marriage one day, little do they know!) exchange valentines presents!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grandma Simmons (James' mom's mom)
just turned 95!!!!!!!!!! She is still doin rockin awesome...can't believe her. She still knows all of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren's names, offers to babysit all the time, and does aerobics 3 times a week. Yeah, no kiddin. She's amazing, and so loving, and we loved honoring her for a night!!!
Below: James and his bro Matt juggling in the program...I will never get over how fun it is that he can juggle, and I can't wait for him to teach our kiddos... it's just such a FUN talent! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tender Moment. I need to document these for all those not so tender moment times.
This was today as I was running. I didn't know Joshy had fallen asleep, and I thought Kaylie was buggin him, so I stopped to see what she was doing. Mean mom, jumping to the worst conclusions, she was totally helping him out, shielding his eyes from the bright sun. What a gal.
And yes, that is Kaylie's sweatshirt he's wearing...don't tell his daddy!!!

3 comments:

Lani said...

your babies are so cute and I want to be like James' Grandma how cool!

Emily said...

Cute post Tiffy! You really do have the most adorable children!

Two and a Crew! said...

Hey I know Grandma Simmons. She goes to my old ward. I use to visit her and her best friend Phyllis Duncan all the time when I was a kid. Her and Phyllis would walk three miles nearly every single day. Those ladies are amazing. The next time you see her please tell her hi for me. She looks amazing!!! Marine and Phyllis are like grandmother's to me!