Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I cannot believe it!

Yep, there I am. Finished the 1/2 marathon last Saturday. Got a new camera though, and need to install a program to upload pics, haven't done it yet...so this is stolen off the marathon foto website...hence the fantastic quality!
It was actually super hard. I trained to 9.5 miles, and I hit a serious wall at about mile 11ish, just after Liberty park, actually just after this picture... I felt like I was run walking, ya know, where you're really walking, but pretending you're running! And my Ipod only worked for about 5 minutes of the whole race...didn't have it when I really needed it...super frustrating, and it is in serious trouble right now...perma time out for the shuffle...HA! But my ankles and knees held up pretty well, which I was super stoked about, although they were slightly sore most of the race... I finished it way faster than I thought I would, I guess I'm a little more competitive than I thought, though my time really isn't brag worthy. But it was good for me, and I DID IT! Couldn't really walk after, but I did finish, and that is pretty awesome for little ole me! Now on to training for the triathlon in May... then I think no more races for a while! :)

9 comments:

Laurie Jo said...

That's awesome - congrats!

Trent and Whit said...

Congrats for finishing! That's really something impressive if you ask me :)

Amanda said...

Good job! That's seriously amazing

Julie said...

GOOD JOB TIFF!!! What a great feeling that must've been to finish!

Trieste said...

My amazing sister...I can't believe what a runner you are! I love the cute picture!
P.S. Thanks for joining us at Discovery Gateway today, it's always fun to hang out with you. Love ya!

Kimberly said...

WOW!!! YOU go!!! I'm impressed!

Shiree said...

Rock on! (to use a nerdy 90's phrase...)

Emily said...

Congrats! I will be running a half in August. I really need to get my butt in gear and start training!

Emily said...

You're amazing Tiffy! I can barely do one without wanting to die :)