Monday, March 3, 2008

No more fun!

So, sorry there is no pic with this one, but if there was, it would be me, with a really sad look on my face, sticking out my bottom lip. At my last appt, the midwife said, and I quote "no more running." (After two close calls to fainting after running, and the pain from the impact to my little/big belly) I know to some of you, this might be great news, but for me, I am bummed. I love running! Not that I am any marathoner or anything, but I love a good run, especially outside, and now that the weather is finally looking hopeful, I am doomed to walk. Nothing against walking, it can be great fun too, but nothing feels as good as air filled lungs, warm muscles, and a pumping heart rate... So I will continue to circle around on my eliptical, and take nice long walks, but don't be surprised if I all of the sudden rapidly expand... he he he!

6 comments:

Holly and Rhett said...

To me - that would be a blessing!! But I am sorry for you that it is not! There are a few of you out there that I just marvel at, how can you love to run??? I just don't understand, and I never will! We need to get together soon so we can bump bellies, we also want to see the progress on the house.

Unknown said...

Hey Tiff! If this is ANY consolation, I read an article in Runner's World Magazine with doctor's and researchers supporting evidence that whatever exercising you did BEFORE you were pregnant, is SAFE to do NOW. You are right, that doesn't mean running a marathon, but if it's comfortable, go for a jog! Enjoy the beautiful weather! :)

Unknown said...

p.s. we are so excited to hear more about your house! :)

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Tiff! I totally understand you! I love running too so much, there's nothing better. But my knees have gotten so bad I just bought a road bike for a new form of excercise! CALL ME! I would LOVE to go on a long walk with you! I'm serious about that too cause I totally think that walking is very boring when you are by yourself. So seriously, give me a ring and I would love to go with you.

Shiree said...

So, what midwife are you seeing? (I found your blog and decided that you might let me post on it...)

Jeff B said...

Bro and Tiff, its Jeff Bleak. I just found out you guys had a blog. Man everyone has one these days. Mine is bleaksbeat.blogspot.com. Just wanted to say hey.