Monday, December 8, 2008

Catch up...

So, to explain the blogging hiatus...It's simple really...I was burned out...still kinda am...but I think I can get back into it. I just signed up for Facebook too, and I was trying to do both, and get caught up on Digi scrapbooking too, then I had to make my Christmas card, and trying to get everything ready for Christmas, and crazy baby sleep schedules, just made for one burned out mama...so all the computer stuff got put on hold...but I will make some serious effort to do better...sorry for all those that kept checking, waiting for me to do something... :) So, to catch up:
Thanksgiving Pics:

Okay, this one needs a little explanation...On the way to Thanksgiving dinner with James' extended family, I stepped on the end of the rake, and yep, the handle flew right into the side of my face...yep..."just like in the cartoons," or "just like in the movies." as everyone pointed out... Yeah, not only did I feel dumb, but it hurt REALLY bad! And so I walked around and ate dinner holding an ice pack against my eye! Do you also notice the lovely red streak in my bangs...yeah, that's blood, I thought it was a nice fashion statement... It's officially my first "shiner" ever. It's still bruised right now...
Thanksgiving Triplets! Ha! These three little cousins have the exact same onesie, and even the exact same pants...and when we found that out, well, you see what we did! :)
James (11 days younger than Josh), Vincent (8 mons), and Joshy

Setting up the Christmas Tree:
Notice the "star" at the top...It's an E. For Evans. Made by James :)

Rainy days, Snowy days, and Snow Ice Cream:
If you have never had Snow Ice Cream, you should give it a try, there's really no recipe, because anyone who knows snow, knows it's never the same consistency twice...so you just get a big bowl of snow, add milk (we did soy milk, cause I still can't have dairy for Josh's sake, and it was still good...), sugar (of course!), and then any flavoring and food coloring if you want... This time we put vanilla, and put sprinkles on top! This was Kaylie's first experience, and definitely not her last!!!
Helping my lil sis ask to Winter Prom (oh, it was soooo much fun! I miss those good ole days of asking and answering to dances...it was so reminiscent!) P.S. This is a way cute way to ask, so if you have anyone that needs an idea...
My sis's name was the only one in permanent ink, so when the guy washes the shirt, her's is the only one that will be there! Fun huh!?!

And last, but not least, Lights at Temple Square with the Young Women and Young Men: P.S. Word to the wise, don't EVER try to go on a night that there is also a Jazz game...we learned that lesson the hard way...Also, don't think your 2 year old will be fine with walking the whole time...guaranteed she won't be, and you will end up SUPER sore the next day from carrying her the WHOLE time!!!
Um, and here's a couple cute pics of Josh...just cause...they are actually the official 5 month pics, they should've been on the last post...oops!


8 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like a great time! I am very impressed with the washable shirt idea - very clever. :)

Merry Christmas!

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

Thanks for catching us up on everything! You guys are so great. :)
Is James wearing just his garment top in that one pic? haha It sorta looks like it and it made me laugh.
And sorry about your eye! That is so sad.

Amanda said...

welcome back. We missed you on the blog world. :)

Shiree said...

Sorry about the rake. :(

I think that if I had cute rain boots like Kaylie, then I would play in the rain a lot more.

Love the "star" on your tree.

I have never heard of snow ice cream. Interesting...

Jessica Jackson said...

Fun times! I'm glad you came up with a cute way to ask to the dance. Your kids are cuties! It was fun to hang out today.

Mackenzie said...

Glad you updated. I am sorry but I just couldn't stop laughing at the whole rake thing. I have quite a mean side, where I just can't help but laugh when people get hurt. It looks like it got you pretty good. Glad to see everything is good.

alisquire said...

Tiff, you totally crack me up. That really sucks about the rake. But it does make for a good story!

Sass said...

that is a lot of catch up!
So many things going on right now! I love the pictures of kaylie splashing in the rain puddles! So cute!! Your kids are so adorable!
Have a Merry Christmas!