Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Growing Up!!!

So, my little ones are growing fast. As they should, right! Here are some fun milestones, okay, not really milestones, but just fun things I've been getting to watch them do!!!
Joshy loves to drink out of his "big boy" cup. He really doesn't like being "the baby." He really doesn't, how do I know this, you might wonder, well, because a) he likes only big people food. Won't eat baby food. He used to, kind of, but now he just grabs at our plates and stares longingly as we eat. So I bought him those "graduates" foods, he tolerates those, he's onto my tricks!
b) He insists on being the same size as his sister who is 2 years older than him. Just to confuse people...now which one is older? Ha! J/K!!!
This is Kaylie putting her own buckles on. Yep, she can fasten all of them, even the tricky bottom ones, that Grandma has a hard time buckling! And yes, she does INSIST on doing this EVERY time we get into the car. It's fine if you don't need to be somewhere for a while...
Joshy's first swimming pool experience! He LOVED it! He loved to splash, but then would look at me like I was the one who just catapulted water all over his face! Ha! Funny little guy! I even put a life jacket on him for a while, and he let me just pull him around while I was letting Kaylie swim and hold on too, he just stared at the ceiling. So mellow, and oh so stinkin cute...don't ya think?!And yep. Joshy's 1st tooth. Just another affirmation that he is my "textbook child." Seriously. He is doing everything by the book. Roll over, 4 mons. Sit up, 6 mons. 1st tooth, (textbook 6-7 mons), 7 mons. Right on the button. Fits perfectly into his clothes when he is supposed to, outgrows them at just the right age. Wow. Love him!
*(Not that I didn't love Kaylie too...she is my rock n roll chick. She was always, still is, very advanced, and needs to be interacted with...Fun in a different way, love her just as much. And actually, for the 1st kid it was PERFECT, and Josh is the PERFECT 2nd child, so content to be pushed to the back burner, like he seems to always be...I am a very lucky mom!!! :) )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We LOVE KZ (It must be called that now, because if we say Kangaroo Zoo, we had better be going there...)
Man. What a blast! We love Kangaroo Zoo. (They owe me for the advertisement!) The boys sat it out most of the time, while Kaylie and I ran as fast as we could, and climbed as fast as we could, and slid to our hearts content!!! It was such a fun night, we've already been back again, and we're going again tomorrow!!! I love being able to play with just Kaylie, she doesn't like having to share me all the time, so she was on cloud 9!

8 comments:

alisquire said...

Good to chat with you! We love Kangaroo Zoo too! It's just down the street from us. We should meet you guys there sometime!

Michelle said...

That picture of you and Kaylie is darling...and the one of Josh in the swimming pool? I almost ran over to your house so I could see his little face. I miss you guys.

Trieste said...

Such cute pictures...I love them! Where did you guys go swimming? And hey, the next time you're going to Kangaroo Zoo call me!!! Love ya!

Shiree said...

Josie hated baby food, too. She would only eat it for about a month. Kaylie's hair is so long! I miss you!

Shiree said...

Oh, and I know what you mean about the older one wanting to hang out with just you. Lately Alex keeps saying that he wished he didn't have a baby. :( I am trying to spend time with just him...

Julie said...

Fun pictures Tiff. The one of you an Kaylie is way cute. I love the milestones...they are just getting so big and growing up so fast!

Jessica Jackson said...

What great pictures! We'll have to go to "KZ" again, the kids love it!

Sass said...

Fun fun! That is some serious catch-up! I loved all your pictures, your little munchkins are darling. Josh always seems to have a HUGE smile on his face, so cute. And Kalyie is already buckling up her car seat?? Geezze...my boys don't like doing that kind of thing!!!
And KZ's....we have a jumpin' jacks by our house that our kids LOVE too! But they are both kind of scared to go down the slides....crazy kids!!