Thursday, September 11, 2008

Josh's blessing/Tribute to my dad...

Isn't he so handsome in his little suit!!! Ha, such a mini man! :)
Josh's blessing was this last Sunday. Wow, he is now official! It was such a great experience, and as James blessed him, he said "you are here by God's word, and not by man's word." Sooooo true. Our little Josh is such a little miracle... I still think about that all the time, to think they thought he was an ectopic pregnancy...he sure showed those doctors! He is such a sweet little spirit in our home, and we love him soooo much. It was awesome to have all our family and friends there for this special occasion, and such a blast to have everyone over at our house for a BBQ, even though our backyard still needs some serious work (there's always next year, right!?!)
What hot boys!
4 generations!
See where Josh gets some of his good looks, this is him with Great Grandpa Day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tribute to my daddy-o
We blessed Josh 2 days before the year mark of when my dad passed away. It was kind of interesting, because that was the last time that both sides of our families were at the Richards Ward with us...
I love the tribute my sis put on her blog: phillippsfamily.blogspot.com... here's mine:
We miss you dad, and still think about you tons. I wish Josh could've played with you, because you were so great with the grandkids. I also wish you could've been here to stand in the circle to help bless my baby boy... But actually, I know you were there in spirit. I know you are watching over me and all of us, all of the times that we need you. I still want to call and ask you questions because there are things that I know for sure you would know the answers to, you are such a smart guy. I miss your 'people person' personality, everyone smiled when they met you.
I feel lucky to have had such a great dad. Some things I learned from him:
  • you can NEVER judge...cause you NEVER know where someone is coming from
  • you decide how to react to situations, you choose how to respond
  • you can never learn enough
  • you can never read enough books
  • how to launch kids in a swimming pool
  • how to really clean a toilet
  • people can change
  • life is good
  • hang in there
and you were the ultimate example of endurance, I'm so glad you're not here suffering anymore, but miss you tons! See ya in the next life!!! :)

14 comments:

Barb said...

What a sweet tribute to your darling dad and your little boy. You are a great mom and I know your dad is proud of you.

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

Little Josh is so cute, and what a great tribute to your dad. I know he's watching down on your cute family and is so impressed at the lovely lady you've become and what a mom you are! He must be so proud! xoxoxo

Amanda said...

That was a beautiful tribute! Baby Josh is so cute and looks so much like Kaylie!

Mackenzie said...

I am sorry about your loss. I didn't know. Great little tribute to him. hang in there.

Sarah said...

Tiff- Your tribute is beautiful. What a blessing it is to be an eternal family. Take care.
love, Sarah

Jamie said...

Yay for Josh's blessing. Your tribute to your dad made me cry. I'm absolutely sure he was there in Spirit. He definitely wouldn't miss a day like that!

The Summerhays Crew said...

What?! I had no idea you lost your dad, I am so sorry. Isn't nice to have the comfort of knowing we are eternal families and that you and your kids will be with him again someday? Anyways, I loved seeing you and your cute kids, we need to do it EVERY time I come up!

Emily said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad, very touching! Josh looked absolutely adorable in his blessing outfit.

Shiree said...

Josh looks great, and so do you!! I'm glad your day was good.

Tiff, I wish I could have known your dad, because I know he was fabulous from all of the things that you have told me. I know that he is proud of you because you are also a very uplifting and positive person whom I feel very privileged to know. I have learned a lot from you and your friendship means a lot to me. I love you!

Shiree said...

Oh, and I love coming to your blog because I really like that David Archuleta song! And, I need to call you because I have a fun idea for us to get together...

Trent and Whit said...

I love Josh's little suit! So offical! And your tibute to your dad warmed my heart. Thank you for that. He sounds like a wonderful man.

Emily said...

That was a very sweet tribute to your dad Tiff. It is so wonderful that he was able to meet Kaylie and you have those fun pictures of them playing together. Such treasures. And incase I haven't told you lately... Josh is gonna be a heartbreaker!!

Scott and Steph said...

What a beautiful family you have! The blessing looked like it was amazing and turned out well! Congrats!

P.s. You should add Scott and me to your blogging buddies. Just throwing that out there....haha

The Cook's said...

Tiffany, I am so sorry to hear about your dad, I knew he was sick but I didn't know he had passed. I'm sorry, he was a very nice man indeed. I hope your mom is okay and send her condolences. Josh sure is a cutie and congrats on the blessing event!