Monday, September 29, 2008

Kitten Day

Disclaimer: I love animals...but this doesn't have a great ending...but crazy enough that it's worth reading the whole novel...don't peek at the pics!

Yeah, not so much a "dog day" but a cat day. It started this morning, as I went to get the stroller out of the car...in my driveway I was greeted by a sweet little gray kitten. He was just sitting there, looking at me, like "hello, welcome to your driveway...can I help you?"
I called Animal Control, because he started acting a little weird. He was kinda shaky, and would randomly just spaz and start chasing his tail. When Animal Control came, they wouldn't catch him for me...they said I had to rent a trap, and catch him myself. So, long story short (cause it was a little tricky), I caught the little guy, and let him munch on the whole can of tuna on the way to Animal Services. When there, they said they would probably put him to sleep because he apparently had neural problems (the spazziness...)
So, I'm driving home, telling James about how sad I am, and how cute he was, and how I would already miss his face staring at me in the driveway...when I pull into the driveway, to another little gray cat running into my garage...YEP!
So then, James comes home, and checks in the garage...he finds 1 more cat... then 1 more white cat, YEAH, 3 kittens chillin in my garage... So, I call Animal Control again, to come pick some more kittens up (apparently they'll only pic em up if they are already caught...)
The guy gets here, and I still hadn't caught any more of them, so he gets his net, and braves the garage to get them.
He comes back out and says "oh, there's probably 5 or 6 of em in there!" YEAH, 6, I said 6 (for a grand total of 7, remember, I already took one down there myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
VERY LONG story short...he caught them all. They were all very cute, but you could tell they were about 6-8 weeks, and they were all sick...SO SAD! So, he said he'd let me know if any of them would be okay, but he really didn't think they would! Can you believe it!!!
Here's the kicker to the story... The YM in the ward came and did a service project at our house on Saturday...in the garage...(cleaning it out and such, you can tell they didn't get very far, it's still completely a mess, full of stuff from the previous owner...(side note:who is my mom))...and they didn't see any kittens then...So where did they all come from?????????? That is the question of the kitten day...

1 kitten, no 2

now 6:

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you guys need a good garage cleaning! haha I laughed a little when I read this story. How ironic is all of this. James talks about how cats are sooo much better than dogs....be careful what you say James!

Shiree said...

weird...

Trieste said...

Nice cat story tiff! I had to say I laughed a bit at the story just knowing how much of a black hole that garage is and how the heck did all those sick kittens find their way there. But, then, I felt bad for all of them...I don't like animals much in or around my house, but I don't like knowing they'll be put to sleep.

Two and a Crew! said...

What an interesting story. I am not much of a cat person, but I feel so bad for the kittens! I wonder what happened to the mom? Great story!

alisquire said...

That is so weird! How did you score a garage clean-out? Lucky you!

Vivian said...

holy cow, 7 cats? most likely a stray had a litter and abandoned them. It happened once in a barn of my neighbor's when I was young.

Sass said...

Wow, that is pretty crazy!

Hey when are you coming down to get some Village baker with me?! :)

Kimberly said...

I don't usually read novels, but that was a good one! I love how animated you are! So great!
Apparently the cat didn't have your tongue! LOL

Melissa said...

That is crazy about the kittens! Your blog is a fun read and congratulations on the birth of your second one he's a cute little guy. Just thought I'd drop ya a comment to catch up, we have a blog as well if you're interested in an invite drop me an e-mail at clearblueshoes@yahoo.com.

Melissa (Previously Love now Walker)

Sass said...

Monday sounds good! I have started watching a little baby (7 mo) so now I have 3 kids pretty much. So maybe just one of us can run and get some sandwiches! :) Or we could probably fit everyone in my van & I could drop you off to get some sandwiches & I could go get some nuggets at Wendy's or something? Or we could even have sandwiches here?! Whichever works!!

Emily said...

Sad!! They looked so scroungy. PS- email me your email.

Matt and Jessica said...

That is crazy. I'm glad it is your story not mine!

Sass said...

So I am thinking that we are not hanging out tomorrow! I have not heard from you & now I am watching my friend's 2 boys! Crazy life I lead right now. But we need to get together before it is yucky cold season! Oh yeah I was curious how you knew stephanie & scott grable. I went the school with stephanie and scott was in my ward growing up. small small world!