Friday, March 26, 2010

Holy Cow!

Oh my gosh, can I just say that I love my kids soooo much. You know the saying, you don't know what you have til it's gone...well, that is not the case with me, I know I am soooo lucky to have such sweet, fun, perfect kids, and I swear I don't take them for granted.
Today, I lost my little Joshy at the childrens' museum...we were sitting on the stairs out front eating lunch, and then all the sudden I looked down and there was his juicebox, but no Josh. So, I figured he followed Kaylie and Peyton downstairs, I run down to find no Josh...
Then the panic set in, downstairs is the elevators, the doors outside, and the doors to the parking lot...and I see no Joshy. Where in the world is he? All the worst scenarios started running through my mind, and I am running around like a maniac, I run back upstairs and alert one of the workers, they get on their intercoms and get EVERYONE looking for my little guy...no one is finding him, he's nowhere to be found. I'm bawling at this point, and feeling like I'm going to throw up. The workers are great, they keep telling me that we're going to find him, they've never lost a kid, ever. But I don't want mine to be the first. I'm so scared, and they keep telling me to go to the info desk and wait while they look. They now have mall security involved. I cannot believe the feeling at this point, panic, fear, disbelief, shock, and all I could think to do was pray, so I'm praying over and over, please help us find him...
When I get to the info desk, after about 2 mins, they say into their intercom, "okay, you're bringing him up."
Yep, they found him. Actually, Liz found him for them, he had crawled back up the stairs, and was playing in the ball area...his favorite place. And then of course, I'm thinking, "why didn't I look there first???" I don't care though, he's found, and then I just bawl harder and kiss him over and over and over, my little baby, my sweet little baby is okay. Thank you Heavenly Father for keeping him safe!!!!!
SO, do I appreciate him more now...sure, a little, but I always have. I am just unbelievably thankful to have found him, and you better believe I am not taking my eyes off him for a second! Man, life can be so crazy!

7 comments:

alisquire said...

Wow, how scary! We were just there last week and Kate was running around all over the place. I'm so glad he stayed close and is safe & sound!

Trieste said...

That happened with Jacie one time, we were getting ready to go and I had to buy a parking validation...then, I turned and she was gone. I was panicked and the same thing happened with me...they couldn't find her so they got mall security involved going to search the parking lot and stores around the area. They finally found her, but I was a mess. It does make you want to keep a closer eye on them...and I can only imagine with it being an even younger little one. I'm so glad all is okay...thank goodness Heavenly Father is looking out for us and our kiddos!!

Eliza said...

Scary!!! That would be the worst thing ever thinking you lost your child... I remember when my mom left me at Mervyns... she was bawling when she found me. scary scary. sorry you went through that... and about the time... seriously I wouldn't have cared that much about the 1:40 if I hadn't felt like crap the whole time! It was just a bad race and so I was bitter about it... you're right... I shouldn't complain... but it was sucky! haha... you can do it under 2 hrs, I know you can! Just kick into full throttle on the down hills... thats my trick. :)

Mike and Corie said...

oh my gosh, so scary, I can't imagine. So happy you found him, he's so cute!
prayer works!

Melissa said...

Wow, that is so scary! I lost my oldest (Owen) in the store for about 2 minutes and almost had a heart attack! So glad to hear that all turned out well. It does make you realize just how precious they are!

Lani said...

Wow, yikes! I am so glad that everything is fine and worked out. Being a mom is hard work not just the cleaning, feeding and maintenance. But the emotional strain when they are in distress, ill or hurt is really harsh. I love you Tiff and you are an amazing mom. Love ya and I hope you guys are doing well.

nicole chandler said...

That is the worst feeling. I am glad all is well. Your family is growing up. That is great you are running so much. We need to get together sometime soon. I haven't seen you all forever. Love ya,
The Chandlers