Tuesday, March 23, 2010

St. Patricks Day and more fun!

Hope everyone had as great of a St. Patty's day as we did: Yup, that is a picture of GREEN pancakes!
So, here at our house, we kinda like holidays, especially the GREEN ones! We have so much fun on St. Patricks Day every year! Although last year, Kaylie got a little upset at the "sneaky little leprechaun" for turning too many things GREEN, so this year, she had me call him and tell him not to come, and we turned everything GREEN ourselves! And by dinner time, Kaylie decided I could call the leprechaun back and tell him he could come again, so he helped out turning the milk and ice cream GREEN...but we did the rest! Ha! So fun!!!After we painted our toes, (and Kaylie's fingers, we headed to the park for a playdate...can you believe this pic is even on a GREEN slide!!!
For dinner, of course the GREEN continued...green pizza dough, and a few green toppings, with green milk to drink:
Dessert was so delish! GREEN cookies n' cream ice cream...p.s. We LOVE our ice cream maker!
Yay for St. Patty's Day! And don't worry, today we actually had RED pancakes, so the fun has continued at our house, even though there's no RED holiday today, at least that I know of...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And oh my heck...who is not LOVING the weather as much as we are...it's like the weather hits 50 and the world comes out of hiding...I love seeing everyone out for walks, and flying kites, and just enjoying the sunshine like we do! I am also just soooo excited at how much fun this summer is going to be with my kiddos getting bigger and able to do more things at the park...they are so proud of themselves, and it is so fun to watch them play...and to relax a little more now that they can do things they couldn't do last year...here are a couple of examples:

Kaylie is stoked that she can slide down the fireman pole...now honestly, I think she could do this before actually, but the other day, she thought it was a big accomplishment, so sure, we'll go with it: Yay Kaylie!
This is new...Josh can climb up and go down slides by himself...Rock on little man!
This is just precious...Kaylie catching Josh...this was actually the first time he had gone down this big of a slide by himself, and he felt safe enough with his big sis there at the bottom to go for it! She really is an AWESOME big sister!!!
And just a couple of fun pics... I just LOVE taking pictures, if you can't tell...This pic is of us trying out the new jogger the other night! Wahoo!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! It is so smooth, and the seperate canopies are a must, and Kaylie actually stays in this one, (probably not for long...she can totally escape the other one, buckles, velcro, and all...), and the adjustable handle was perfect for James and I as we traded off pushing the kiddos...
I am also loving my new vacuum...I wish I had taken a picture of the stuff it sucked up out of our carpet...actually maybe that was on purpose cause it's a little embarrassing! I know, I know, we've gone a little crazy with our tax return moola, but hey...when else am I gonna get the gear I need??? So yeah, lovin the new stuff, and the warm weather...keep it comin!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Random fun...cause there always is. This is Josh's new fave thing to do...after a bath he absolutely loves to hide under his towel...the fun lasts for at least 10 mins...he is so stinkin cute when you pull up the towel, I can't help but bust up laughing!And this is Kaylie for ya...don't worry that it was totally "daddy's idea!" Yes, those are her wet handprints on my bum...too funny huh!

3 comments:

Shiree said...

We bought a new vacuum and a jogger stroller with our tax return, too! How funny. What kind of vacuum did you get? Sounds fancy. We got a Kirby.

Trieste said...

OMGoodness what cute pictures of your kiddos! I am lovin' the nice weather too...it is perfect for getting out of the house a bit and going for walks and who doesn't love letting the kids play outside!!! I especially love your "ending" picture...LOL!!!

Amanda said...

Love all the green stuff. You're such a great mom!