Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Surprise!!!

SURPRISE big man! James turned 29 this year, and I knew he would expect a party next year for his 30th, so I did it this year just to throw him off...and it totally worked!!! Here he is coming in the door to everyone yelling "SURPRISE!" And believe it or not, I've actually never been to a surprise party, that I can remember, so this was a blast!!!If you know James at all, you can see the pure shock and happiness on his face in these 2 pics (above and below). He has such a cute smile, and it's even better when he's extremely happy!!!The banners and balloons:Daddy and Kaylie, she was soooo cute singing happy birthday to him!
The birthday boy and his mommy:
Yes...8 2 liters, and we only finished 1 off...our tap water must have been awesome!On his actual birthday, breakfast for a King, on the "You are special" plate, of course!
Birthday dinner at Benihana's:Our cool chef...they are always AMAZING, there he's made a rooster out of eggs for the fried rice:They made James play the tambourine while they sang "Happy Birthday" to him! He's a good sport!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We also celebrated another birthday boy this weekend... This would have been my daddy's 63rd birthday, the day after James' birthday. This pic is from his last birthday, and it is one of my all time favorite pics of him! We love you so much dad, and think about you all of the time! We wish you were here to party with us!!!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What else we've been up to lately:

It wouldn't be a normal post on our blog if it didn't include pics from playdates:
Gateway with Jacksons, Evans, and 2 of the Walker kiddaroos:
These guys were like triplets with all their red outfits, and obsession with the balls!
Kaylie and Sarah, so artistic making their very own Gold Medals!!!
Twinners, seriously, their faces don't look alike, but somehow you can just tell these guys are cousins!
All of the boys running back and forth while we ate lunch on the stairs. Seriously, Gateway, get a decent eating area indoors, PLEASE!
Although this was pretty cute to watch, and I was pretty proud of Josh, being like the big boys!
Dan's birthday party:
The three amigos:
Jess made cupcakes and let the kids frost and decorate them...such a cute idea! Kaylie made her cupcake just for ME! Sweet little girl, I mean big girl...she will not be called little anymore!!!
James rockin the drums at the EQ party...it was the presidency + wives only! (and one other guy...) So, not the most attended party ever, but we had a blast playing Rock Band all night and eating all the pizza!Kaylie and her buddy Porter, playin MarioKart, I think...
Bubbles in the kitchen:
James and I have been pretty busy lately, him with school, work, and both of us with the kiddos and training! We are both training for the Wasatch Back in June, and the Red Rock in September, and I am gonna go for the half marathon again in April, Race for the cure in May, and another triathlon in July...Yay! I love having races to train for, it's the only thing that gets me to push myself and eat better! James is officially now a runner, which I don't think he ever wanted to be...I have been amazed at his dedication, seriously, he's as good as me now, and I've been running for years! It's so fun to have another hobby we like to do together...and it's always been a secret little dream of mine...so it's awesome! Wish us luck on all the races though...they're not all just fun and games! :)

4 comments:

Holly and Rhett said...

Wish we could have been there. I forgot to facebook you and let you know we wouldn't be coming. Rhett's shift has now changed to Friday nights. Bleh! So he works every Friday now. I went to my sister's party alone and when we were done, it was already too late to come say hi. Looks like you guys had fun. Whenever you go to Gateway, let me know. I have a pass too and it would be great to see you.

Shiree said...

Way to go on the surprise party. That is so fun that you both run now. That is awesome!

The Summerhays Crew said...

You are such a good wife! Cory will be 29 Sunday and he will be lucky to even get some, lol! Ha, looks like he had a blast and was super surprised!

Mackenzie said...

Happy birthday James... Love the post and all the great pics. We for sure need to get together soon!